Saturday, November 8, 2008

Market Day

During our stay in Vietnam we visited many markets. One of the most interesting was the ribbon and button wholesale market in Ho Chi Minh City. I was fascinated by the array of choices along with all the colors of ribbons and trims that were available. Each store was very tiny with masses of merchandise. As you can see the market was full of color and a wonderful place to dig for treasures. I found some great buttons and ribbons to bring home. We were nearing the end of our stay in HCMC and visited a travel agent to book flights to Hoi An then on to Hanoi.

I have very fond memories of this city with its bustling streets, great markets and all the passionate quilters I met. I will treasure the experience for a long time.

Sue

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous market and what a wonderful experience for you.... I'm sure you'll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    I loved your photos of your trip. Wow, what an experience. Thank you for sharing your memories. The work of your students was outstanding. You are such a great teacher and talented artist.
    -Rebecka, Lincoln NE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors, so bright, what fun and what an experience.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete