Sunday, April 19, 2009

Addicted to Fabric - Canberra

Addicted to Fabric is a wonderful store owned by Jenny and Noel in Canberra. It is filled with the most beautiful range of fabrics for both quilting and dressmaking and is managed by Kerry and Samantha. The class was filled with very enthusiastic students. I was amazed at how much they accomplished and how different all their work was.
Jenny had an amazing assortment of ribbons and buttons which many of the students used in their blocks.
Some worked in cottons as well as stitched them creatively on the machine.
I loved that each student started with a different block. It was very inspirational and many ideas were collected throughout the two days.
Some worked with hand dyed velvet and silks as well as embellishment yarns.
Judy has worked up many of my patterns over the years and also teaches some of my quilts. I was delighted that she brought this great quilt of hers to share. She made her quilt out of her own hand dyed wools.
I love to see other variations of my designs. This Flowerbed quilt was made by Judy from
Canberra.
And this Folklore quilt was made by Annette from Sydney. She took the main theme and gave it her own personnel twist. I just love what she is came up with.
It was a pleasure to meet many people I have communicated with via email and now can put faces with names.
I was very fortunate to see Kerry's wonderful quilt all done on the machine.
I thought Jason would be very envious to see what we got to ride in each morning.
Many thanks Jenny, Noel, Kerry and Samantha for making both Wendy and I feel so welcome.
Our visit was short but we will have fond memories.
Creative Stitching
Sue and Wendy

3 comments:

  1. Did Kerry use a pattern or is that her original design on her quilt? Where can I purchase a pattern of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Was wondering if Kerry's quilt was her original design or a pattern? Where can I get a copy of the pattern?
    Thanks so much,
    Cate

    ReplyDelete