Monday, April 6, 2009

Material Obsessions - Magnolia

I spent the next two days with 18 more students from around the Sydney area and 2 students from New Zealand. It was wonderful to meet many BOM participants as well as many customers I have talked to over the Internet. I now can put many faces with names I have know for a long time.
They all did a wonderful job choosing colors and patterns for their backgrounds and blocks. Many worked on individual blocks while others started to select backgrounds in order to get started on color placement. Hand dyed wool was very new to many but I know we have many new converts. They were just amazed at the fun you can have mixing fabrics and textures. At the end of the two days each student shared what they had worked on. Kathy the owner of Material Obsessions helped Robyn Evans share her blocks.
Creative Stitching from Sydney
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment