Monday, August 17, 2009

Color

Since there is quite a lot of things happening around here at the moment I thought I would post a few photos of last weeks dye testing results. 
Above are the results of day one and two, below the results of day three.
They have all been catalogued and a few remaining formulas need doing but all in all I am happy with the results. It all started with Sue requesting a color for a project and snowballed from there. Quite a few of these are heading east and will be put to good use shortly.
While I was at it in the dye studio I did a few skeins of yarn to add to the stash.  Some lovely silk, bamboo, wool and a few blends. 
And these little things remain patiently on my sewing table.  They are all the cutoffs from my bow tie quilt that are going to find a new life soon.
Enjoy creating
Wendy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors. I tend to dye as I go on my new wools, and dye according to what I want in a piece. With thrifts, I go by the color and texture and decide what color they would look good as. Way too hot to stand over hot pots, but I should dye the wools I found at thrifts.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous colours....I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO PRETTY; WISH ;YOU COULD TALK SUE AND THE LADIES TO DO A DYING CLASS OR BE A GUEST ARTIST AT WORKT BY HAND.TERRY

    ReplyDelete
  4. These new colours look great. I agree with Terry's comment about a dying class at Workt by Hand. Jan

    ReplyDelete