Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dyeing with the girls!

Sorry its taken me so long to post but I will start trying to catch up a little. 
Awhile ago Janet, Deb, Bridget and I started getting together to knit and well just spend a little time together.  We decided to have a play day in our barn/studio and do a little dyeing so I ordered up some worsted weight yarn and we each dyed 6 skeins and then traded a bit of each so we all have a great selection to work with. We are making our own versions of a friendship blanket and here is the beginning of mine. I cant wait to see how they all turn out.
I cant remember who dyed this but I love the colors. 
Here is how it knit up. My first square finished. This is so addictive I just had to do another one right away.
This is a great way to play with color. I am trying to pull out the colors from the hand dyed square in the middle as well as create a balance with the borders. I will keep you posted as we all progress.
Keep creating.
Wendy

5 comments:

  1. WOW, Wendy, how do you do that? C.Rickard

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful Sue! Hope you are having a great time!I am having fun doing the first block for our meet the 24th! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy, Wonderful colours...if I didn't have time to knit I would have the balls of yarn displayed in a cane basket just so I could enjoy their beauty. from Jenny McH (Melbourne, Down Under)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy,

    Can you tell me where I can find a copy of that friendship blanket pattern. It's going to be beautiful. Thanks, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi brewersbgeeg
    I am actually just improvising so no pattern but I started with 7 inch squares and kind of doing the log cabin thing, adding as I go. I am trying not to be exact so it looks more fluid and playful. I will post pics as I get closer. So far I have done about 7 blocks. Any more questions let me know.
    Hope that helps.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete