Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cape Town

Aimee, Cathy and I went on to Cape Town and had a wonderful time with old friends of mine Bridget and Colin. They live just north of Cape Town in a little town called Noordhoek. We were in the Cape for 5 days and Bridget and Colin took us a wide variety of was places in the area. What I love about South Africa is all the color!
These are little beach houses on Muizenberg beach. I still remember these from my childhood. The houses below are in an area of the city. Don't you just love those colors together! I can see another quilt in my future.
We also went to the wine area of Constantia. Did a little wine tasting and had a wonderful lunch as well as a little shopping. You may recall my little quilt with animals on well this is the Cape architecture that inspired the house in the middle of the quilt.
We were also fortunate to travel a little north and see all the daisies. As it was early spring everything was in full bloom. What an inspiring sight. They spread for quiet a long way up the coast and the colors of the ocean and surrounding rocks is awe inspiring.
Cape Town has a very special place in my heart as I lived there for a few years in my childhood. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world with an incredible amount of fauna and flora. Very inspiring for a quilter!
I am going to do another post right now about the art we found in South Africa and then I will catch up with all my other posts once I return from Quilt Market. Take care Sue

1 comment: