Saturday, November 7, 2009

Skinny Quilts II

Just released a new book by Eleanor Levie, 'Skinny Quilts and Table Runners II' published by That Patchwork Place. I was delighted to be asked to design a table runner for this book. I used a combination of wool and matka silk for the background and then appliqued with cottons, taffetta silk, hand dyed velvet and wool. It is embellished with rickrack and heishi beads. We have just finished putting together kits for my 'Four o'clock' table runner. These are available on my website www.suespargo.com
I am in Houston on my way to Harlingen to teach. I will be posting more student work in a few days. It is sunny here in Texas so I will soak up a little sunshine before returning to the east on Tuesday. I have many small projects to stitch on for an upcoming book so I shall get to work. I don't know what I would do with out handwork and my laptop while spending all these hours through airports.
Creative Stitching
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Great table runner! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you're going to have to start cloning yourself, you are in my old home state and been years since I've been in Harlington, the runner is stunning always love the use of multiple backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete