Friday, October 29, 2010

Teaching in October

Sunday at Sue's
I have a wonderful group of friends Carol, Joyce, Kim and Cathy and we have been meeting to sew once a month for years. Many of my quilt and sewing project designs where started in this group. This has been a busy year for all of us and we have not meet as many times as we would have liked. Last Sunday was a good catch up day. We missed Kim but the rest of us had a lot of fun playing around making these fun little owls out of wool.
Private Class at Home
10 ladies joined me in my home for an embellishment class. Fun was had by all as they worked on their own pieces. We had fun working with fibers and stitches.
Olive Juice - Onalaska, WI
I had a wonderful weekend teaching at Olive Grace. I taught my Thistledown Table rug and an embellishment class. They have an amazing classroom and provided a wonderful sit down lunch. Many thanks Diane and Monica for making me feel so welcome.
Calico Cutters, Undercover and Brandywine Valley Quilt Guilds, PA
Cathy travelled with me to Pennsylvania. I taught a class using one of my small kits working on wool appliqué and a little embellishment. I had a wonderful group of enthusiastic stitchers. I also gave three lectures at the guilds. The weather was perfect and the fall colors were magnificent on our drive over.
TQGIBT Alliance, OH
I gave a lecture at the guilds annual luncheon. My friend Gabriel shared her colorful 'Ginger Grove' quilt she had just finished.
I am on my way to Quilt Market in Houston. Will post 'Whats New' soon
Take care
Sue

9 comments:

  1. Loved all the wonderful stitchery.. The ricrac is a total surprise, how interesting. Everyone is talking of Houston.. Hope to make it there someday.. Have a great time.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pieces everyone is working on. Would love to be your neighbor;) Have fun at market.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the photos of all the GORGEOUS projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, What a fab sewing session,great projects.Just love the owls I made a little button with you at Amitie. We have a Tawny family in our back garden the little chick just learnt to fly this week. Happy Stitching chrisb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owls are very clever. I am constantly intrigued by you and others like you who seem to have this vocabulary that's built out of fabrics and shapes, and the sorts of stories and poems you make physically out of these elements. I especially like the boldness of your designs - which, I suppose, is what folk art is all about - bold shapes, strong negative spaces, peculiar and intriguing details. I will never get tired of the photos you allow me to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh to come and stitch at your home. Sounds like a perfect Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it all!!!! Please tell me where you get your patterns???? This looks like such a fun day!! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stuff! We just did owls at the retreat I went too!Those big eyed guys are just too popular right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE>LoVE>lOVE all the beautiful projects! Makes my fingers itch to touch and sew. I can't wait for the 2011 BOM...I am signed up!! I love the little owls...kit them and put them in your shop :+}. Keep creating beautifully.

    ReplyDelete