Thursday, February 17, 2011

NYC Weekend

Cathy and I have just returned from a fun weekend in NYC. My son Andrew lives in Manhattan and it was great to have our own travel guide.
We spent a large amount of time seeking out wonderful ribbons, trinkets and fabrics. One of the treats of our visit was a visit to Tinsel Trading. We spent many hours in the store and ended walking out with a little bag of wonderful vintage ribbons. Our heads were swimming with all the great new projects we are going to create.
On Sunday we took a trip to Eatily. It is a wonderful store with 5 restaurants and every possible Italian food product you could possibly dream about. I would love to have just a few of these wonderful choices at home.
Amazing cheese, wine, meat and dessert choices.
A trip to New York for me would not be complete without a visit to the Folk Art Museum. This year is the year of the Quilt and they had a wonderful collection of quilts on display both at the Lincoln Branch and the main museum on 53rd.
The weather cooperated, we walked for miles and ate some wonderful meals. It was really good to spend time with Andrew and see how well he has adjusted to life in the Big Apple.
My head is spinning with new ideas. I am now back home for a few days so a little time to create.
Happy stitching
Sue

5 comments:

  1. What a fun trip, love that store.
    The quilt museum has some beautiful pieces, I will have to go there someday.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good trip. Can you please tell me the name of the 5th quilt down if you have it. I love the black centre with the brown surround. This quilt would be wonderful in wool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York is such an amazing place. I was there Oct 2010 and visited MJ Trimmings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky to have had such a great trip. These quilts look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your quilts and everything else on your blog. Would have been quite the treat to get my hands on some of that trim.....!

    ReplyDelete