Saturday, January 28, 2012

Road to CA - Red Clover Class

 Red Clover is a fun pattern with three blocks. I used a combination of textural fabrics in my original quilt. The pattern allows for many stitching techniques as well as uses of hand dyed textural fabrics, ribbons and beads.






 The students were very creative using different stitches and threads making each piece unique.















I absolutely love teaching handwork classes. The sharing of ideas is fabulous!
Thanks to all my wonderful students here at Road to CA. My visit was great.
Creative Stitching
Sue

8 comments:

  1. It amazes me how you can take one pattern and people's creativity and come up with each one totally unique! You teach them to pay attention to the details, try new stitches and materials and VOILA....beautiful works of art! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The class was Wonderful! And what a treat it is to see my work in a couple of the pics! Thank you, Sue! I learned so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great class. I have your pattern and I have it on my list of quilts to do. I really like how your students created new looks with their stitches. Hope you are doing well Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about your class all the way over here in TN! I love so many of the treatments you showed here, and may try to reproduce one or two in my CQJP2012 blocks. Now my best friend is going to take your class at Beach Cities, since she missed you at Road.

    http://cq4fun.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your designs.They are wonderfuls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sue: My name Virtues, I'm from Spain and I am writing to congratulate you on your wonderful blog. His works are extraordinary. Thank you for sharing. Greetings.
    I do not know English and I write what I do it using google translator. Excuse me.

    www.laboresconv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ME GUSTA ESTA TENCNICA NO SE COMO SE LLAMA PERO ES LINDA
    UN SALUDO

    ReplyDelete
  8. amei seu bordado e sua gentileza em compartilhar.

    ReplyDelete